Weight loss is a long-term process. It requires patience, willpower, hard work, and the essential good food. There are a lot of different ways which claim to help in losing weight, but only a few of them are successful and deliver great results. Green coffee bean is still on the top of the list when it comes to the natural and most comfortable ways to lose the extra pounds.
Why Green Coffee for Weight Loss?
We know that it is a great antioxidant, helps burn fat, prevents bad breath, protects against heart disease and even has anti-aging properties. But does this mean that we can drink without a cup of green coffee every day, assuming that they are doing all of the above. But if taken on time it would be more helpful.
Mark Hyman an American physician once said, “While weight loss is important, what’s more, important is the quality of food you put in your body – food is information that quickly changes your metabolism and genes.”
Cutting back on calories is not the answer to healthy weight loss journey, you have to increase the quality of what you eat, instead of only reducing the quantity. That’s what precisely green coffee is for; it delivers results without changing the diet plan or exercises.
Green Coffee Beans Dosage
The first question which comes to everyone’s mind when we talk about any weight loss plan is the procedure to follow. How much? How many times a day? For how long? Are just some of those questions. Well, do not worry. Here are all the answers you need.
How To Drink Green Coffee
- Preparing a hot cup of green coffee is very simple. Just add the green coffee beans to boiling water. Boil it for about 10 minutes and then turn off the gas and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Pour the coffee in the cup by filtering through a sieve.
- Usually, green coffee can be consumed without any added ingredients other than water and coffee beans. But one can flavor it by adding honey.
- 3-4 cups a day is the ideal amount of green coffee beans to get the best results. Also, make it a routine beverage, try not to skip a day and consume it on a daily basis to quickly get results.
Best Time To Drink Green Coffee Beans
- After breakfast
- Before sleeping
- A half hour before exercise
- One hour before or after meals
- Drink 2-3 cups a day
Generally, one can consume green coffee at any time of the day. Now though it can be consumed at any point of the day, but green coffee beans delivers best results if consumed 30 minutes before each meal. It must be noted that the coffee must be taken “before” meals and not “after” meals because it affects your metabolism. Just keep in mind to not to exceed the 4 cups a day limit.
When you ingest food, there is a sudden increase in the blood sugar level of your body, consuming green coffee before a meal helps in controlling and preventing the sudden increases.
Like anything else, very good things can also be bad. High intake of green coffee can damage the liver. The person should limit the daily consumption of green coffee to two or three cups or 100 to 750 mg standardized green coffee extract.
Dr Saini from Fortis hospital supports this claim by saying, “Chlorogenic acid in green coffee acts as an antioxidant. It helps in controlling high blood pressure and aids in weight loss”
Precaution and Tips while drinking green coffee
Yes, a cup of green coffee can bring a lot of difference in your extra loaded body. But precautions are always there to be maintained. Though green coffee bean is a natural weight loss product and very safe for the body, but the presence of caffeine can be a drawback. So, always ensure that:
- You do not have a lot of green coffee every day.
- Stick to a moderate amount of 3-4 cups daily as caffeine in excess can cause a lot of problems such as nervousness, frustration, insomnia, anxiety and more.
If you want to add any more points to the above information or you want to share your own experience with green coffee. Do let us know in the comments section below.